Friday 27 September 2013

Top Of The World!


Today was my class trip to the CN Tower

We walked to the subway and rode to Union station which is kind of like a smaller version of Grand Central Station and little bit less busy. 

We walked the rest of the way to the bottom of the CN Tower and we got to go by the Royal York Hotel which is where the Queen stays when she comes to visit. 


Me, Ravicha and Jasper on the subway



Our group in the lobby of the CN Tower




A group shot with the Mountie Moose!


We divided into two groups to go into the elevator. I was in the first group to go up. I wasn't too nervous about going up but didn't want my ears to pop (I've heard that can happen) so I was equipped with a piece of bubble gum! 

The ride up was pretty cool because one of the walls in the elevator is entirely made of glass. Two little squares on the floor are also glass so you can see directly beneath you! We were all squished together in the elevator which made the trip feel a little safer. 

In just a few minutes, we were at the top! 



The observation deck is 1,122 feet above the ground! That's a LOOOOOOONG WAY UP (or down. Hmm.) 


BUT WHAT A VIEW!!!!!! That's Lake Ontario you can see. 




Here is a look DOWN from the glass floor. It's pretty cool... you can see the newly constructed Ripley's Aquarium down there. Love the sharks on the roof! 

I thought I would be worried about being up so high and stepping onto the glass floor, but really, I didn't mind it at all. You could even say I jumped right in... feet first! :D 




Lying down on the glass floor is kind of a neat feeling too. I'm like a star in the sky to the people down below! 



The outside area is cool but the safety net blocks your view a little bit. It was really windy outside from up here and a lot colder than it was down on the ground. 



We ended our day back in the Page Quarters choosing political parties to be a part of for our upcoming election and debates. I'll write more about that another day. 

I really like our Friday adventures as a group. It's neat to explore the city and see these sights but it's also really great getting to know the other Page kids. I've made some amazing friends that I know I'll be friends with forever!  






No comments:

Post a Comment