Saturday 28 September 2013

One, Two, FREE The SEQUEL!

In Ontario, as MPP Michael Chan who is the Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport would tell you, there is something called CULTURE DAYS.

Culture Days is an idea to have people experience the arts in their community for free. I think this is a really great idea because people who otherwise wouldn't be able to do things like try a ballet class or learn how to sculpt with clay can try it out for free. It's also a good way to highlight some of the people in our communities who do amazing things like write, act, dance, paint and sculpt, sing, play instruments.......


This weekend for Culture Days, there are a lot of events happening around the city. I found out about something at a library that I really wanted to do so mum and I took another adventure (more subways and streetcars!) about 1/2 an hour from where we live to the Dufferin/St. Clair library to meet



PATRICK BOWMAN 

who is an author but more importantly because he was there to do 



RE-ENACTMENTS OF GREEK MYTHS!

I happen to LOVE Greek mythology. Like, LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  I also happen to LOVE authors and books. I'm also pretty dramatic (:D) so this was the PERFECT EVENT FOR ME!


I was chosen to play a few parts and we reenacted several myths. My favourite was probably the Trojan Horse myth (and not just because I got to slay my sleeping mother after she passed out from all of the partying she was doing!). 


We also reenacted the Golden Apple of Discord myth (it's actually a story about Paris having to decide which of 3 goddesses is the fairest of them all. Think a Greek Snow White. Really, it is basically why the Trojan War was started, I mean what else could happen when a man has to tell two women that another woman is prettier than they are!!!!)


And guess who was chosen to play the Goddess Aphrodite? That's right.... this beautiful bombshell!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D 



Oh you may laugh, but guess who gets the golden apple? 


That's right! :D 

Fairest. Of. Them. All.

It was a really fun event! I loved the reenactments but it was also cool talking to Patrick Bowman because he knows a LOT about Greek Mythology and he is a really good storyteller. 





After the Culture Days fun, mum and I found another fun and FREE thing to do in the city. 


RIVERDALE FARM!!!!!

This is a really cool farm in the middle of the city. There are horses, donkeys, cows, sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, rabbits! A real farm! 









Visiting the animals was so much fun! 

What's also cool about Riverdale Farm is that there are nature walking trails. We walked all through the trails and found some awesome places to climb trees (one of my favourite activities!) and chill for the afternoon. 







One thing that I learned about the city is that there is ALWAYS something to do and that you can find some pretty cool places and activities if you look for them! 


---PeyThePEYge



No comments:

Post a Comment