Thursday 12 September 2013

All Work And No Play


Is no way to spend a day! :D :D :D 

If you read my last post, you’ll know that I ended saying that hopefully today would be as good as yesterday, or better!  I’m pleased to report that YES, ABSOLUTELY IT WAS!!!! Today was so much fun!

During Orders of the Day, I got to go to Hansard for the second time! Hansard deliveries are ALMOST as good as going to Whitney because you get to go with a Page buddy, use the elevators (Hansard deliveries is one of the only times Pages get to use the elevators), and relax once you get there :D!! At Hansard, you give documents to the workers, and get to relax in the most comfortable chairs ever  before going back to the House :D!

Later, during Routine Proceedings (when bills are introduced, motions moved, and petitions read), I got to pick up a petition!! That in itself is awesome, but wait! There’s more! The petition that this PEYge picked up was from none other than… MPP Steve Clark, the MPP for my riding! He naturally knew I was from his riding, and decided that it made me the, and I quote, “Fabulous Page, Peyton, from my riding of Leeds-Grenville!” Thanks, MPP Clark!

If you can believe it, my day got EVEN BETTER!!! Today was my math day (that means I leave the Chamber in the afternoon to study math), and halfway through class, we got to take a break outside! It was so nice and warm outside, and our teacher took pictures of us being crazy and playing soccer. We met one of the security guards, and she was very nice! I had so much fun hanging out and playing with my new friends, so I think today was my favourite day so far!

Since parliament doesn't sit on Fridays which means there isn't any real Page work to do, it is sort of a "day off" for Pages from the Chamber. Tomorrow is one of our Field Trip days, and we are going on a double decker bus and boat tour of the city! I can’t wait :D:D!!!! I’ll tell you all about it tomorrow when I get back!

--PeyThePEYge  

1 comment: