Friday 13 September 2013

READ ALL ABOUT IT!

This is BIG news!

Today I got an OFFICIAL 


Toronto Public LIBRARY CARD!


Do you know how exciting this is!?!?!?!?

For those of you who don't know me, I have to admit I do have a bit of an addiction. To BOOKS!

I like to read. Well, that's an understatement........... 

I LOOOOOVE TO READ!

On my birthday (that was just a few short days ago) my mum and daddy gave me 6 big novels for my birthday. I finished the last one on the day I came to Toronto. They were supposed to last me for my whole 5 weeks here! I was SO worried that I wouldn't have anything to read! 

So today my mum took me to the library (which is only a couple of blocks from my apartment) and we got library cards! 

The library here is SO HIGH TECH! It was AMAZING! Once I got my card, I picked out some books (6 more. That should do me about a week!) and I took the books to the check out counter. I scanned my library card using a hand-held scanner and placed all 6 of my books in a pile on a little square section of the counter (that kind of looked like the part on the grocery store check out where the cashier weighs your food) then ALL OF THE NAMES AND AUTHORS OF THE BOOKS I CHOSE POPPED UP ON THE COMPUTER SCREEN! 

What magic have we here!? 

It was SO NEAT! 

I'm so happy to have this card! AAAAND I can't wait to read all of my new books! :D 



My first actual library card from the Toronto Public Library



 Couldn't wait to get home to read. Probably not the safest way to walk through the city!!!!

Gotta go! Books to read! :D 

---PeyThePEYge

No comments:

Post a Comment