Wednesday 14 August 2013

Places, Please!


Today was a BIG day! 

Mr. Morin from the newspaper came to interview me about being a Page. The article should be in next week's paper! :D 
While he was here, there was a knock at the door......

It was.......


A delivery person! Receiving mail is super exciting! I love getting packages! But this was a super, extra, fantabulous delivery because it was...

MY LEGISLATIVE PAGE PROGRAM PACKAGE!


I've been waiting and waiting for this package because it contains all of the information I'm going to need to know for my term as a PEYge.

This package has EVERYTHING! 


There is a training CD that I can't wait to watch, a student handbook that will be like my new Bible, forms for me to fill out, forms for my school, information for my parents and even a handy dandy Ride Guide for the public transportation system in the big city!


Yes indeed, I'm going to be all set! 

 


Ah, but that's not it! There's more! Lots more!

113 things more, to be exact. 107 little tiny MPPs and 6 little tiny Officers of the House.

Obviously, the first thing I did was cut out my new tiny MPP cards and arranged them on the coffee table. Ta Da! Pretty impressive!  


To be a PEYge, I'm going to have to learn each of these 107 MPPs by face, by name, by riding (that's the area of Ontario they represent) and where they sit in the Legislature! I also have to know which ones are Honourables (those are the ministers) and what their portfolios are (the ministries they are responsible for). PLUS I need to know each of the 6 Officers of the House (which includes the Sargeant-at-Arms and the clerks). 

On August 29th, when I go to the Orientation Day at Queen's Park, I'm going to have to know all of this information because I'm going to be tested on it! Yikes! I'm going to have to study very, very hard!
 
I'm glad to have this package though, it helps me to be a little less nervous now that I have so much information about the program. They even included a schedule so I can see what my day is going to look like. Did you know that most days I will have to be at "work" from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.! That's a LONG day, but I'm really looking forward to it! 

You know what else I'm looking forward to? Spending the next few weeks playing Parliamentary Debate with my tiny little MPPs. 



 Oh! Did You hear that??? Tiny Premier Wynne has just decided that she is stepping down and that I'm going to be her replacement! (I think there's gonna be cake ;) !!!!!) 

-- PeyThePEYge

No comments:

Post a Comment