Wednesday 28 August 2013

Country PEYge, City PEYge


This little rural village PEYge has hit the big city! Here I am in Toronto, all checked in to my hotel (which has not one but TWO bathroom sinks!) and ready for my orientation day tomorrow!

I had to pack some of the pieces of my uniform (my white button up shirt, black belt with a silver buckle and black leather shoes with no coloured stitching or buckles) because tomorrow they will fit me for the rest of my outfit (my jacket, jabot and pants). The dress code at Queen’s Park is very strict. I must always wear my uniform, my hair must be tied back with black elastics/hairbands and I can’t have any jewellery, died hair, coloured nail polish, hats or really anything outside of my actual uniform. Some people might think this is a huge deal for 5 weeks but I’m kind of use to it since my school has a uniform as well. Not quite as strict as this mind you, but still.

I’ll also have my photo taken tomorrow for my official security identification! I’ll be given an ID tag to wear at all times. I’ll also get a pin with my name on it that I will wear on my uniform jacket.

Tomorrow I’m anxious to learn more about the program expectations. I will be tested on my knowledge of all the MPPs and their ridings and the ministers (you know, the stuff I’ve been stressing about!).

What I actually can’t wait for is to meet the other students who are going to be my fellow pages for this term. It’s going to be great to meet other kids with similar interests from across the province.

One of the benefits of this trip to Toronto (and because my mom wants to help me get my mind off of being nervous about tomorrow’s test) is that I now get to go do some SHOPPING!

Look out Eaton Centre… here I come!

---- PeyThePEYge

No comments:

Post a Comment