Thursday 3 October 2013

MPP Peyton

The Honourable MPP Peyton, if you please!

Our class has set up a mock government. 

We took an online test with TONS of questions to help determine our political views and then formed parties based on those views. 

My answers to the questions determined that I am a left Liberal. I hadn't really considered what party I might vote for or be involved with before this exercise, so I found it very interesting. I guess that I think my views are pretty balanced. There are some things I feel left wing about and some I feel right wing about. I believe in some points from every party and never really though I would favour one over another. Actually, it's good that I felt that way since being a PEYge means having to be non-partisan and not favouring one party (or one MPP) over the others. 

So in my class, I became part of the Liberal party. 

Since the Liberals are the government party (and we had the most members), we needed to assign ministries. So I'd like to introduce myself as.....

MPP Peyton, The Honourable Minister of Children and Youth Services! (Move over, Theresa Piruzza! There's a new kid in town! :D) 

I am also the Chief Government Whip. 


Quick Tip: A Whip is sort of the Speaker for their own party because they keep order in the group and make sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to do. They also help decide who is on what committee. 

I take my responsibilities very seriously and am happy to have the portfolio that I have since I think children and youth are pretty important peeps! :D

This week we had to write mock bills. We will be presenting our bills next week when we get the chance to actually sit in the original Chamber room and pretend that we're actual MPPs! (I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!) We'll debate the bills and vote too. 

I think this activity will give us even more of an idea of the political process and how things work. I'm really looking forward to it! :D

---PeyThePEYge


No comments:

Post a Comment