Thursday 10 October 2013

All Good Things Must Come To An End

Today was my last day. 

The Speaker stood in the Chamber and asked all of the MPPs to join him in thanking the Pages for our dutiful service. Everyone stood and clapped. It felt pretty awesome.

After our day was done, we went to the Page quarters. I stayed an hour after I was dismissed to spend time with all of the Pages and say goodbye to those who were staying later in the Chamber. 

There were lots of hugs and everyone promised to stay in touch. 

This was such a good learning experience to find out about my government and how things are done in the Assembly. I met so many people from different parts of the province. I made some amazing friends. I'm really proud of how much I've grown since I came here. I feel so much more confident doing things like talking to adults or asking questions. Living in Toronto was a big learning experience too because urban life is very different than living in my little village. I took subways and streetcars and tried food I hadn't tried before. I stayed in an apartment 25 floors up and took an elevator every day! I'm still Peyton but I feel so much older and more mature. I also feel inspired to keep finding ways to make change in my community and the world around me. 

I can't believe this experience is over. I feel so lucky to have been chosen to participate in this life changing program. I feel so lucky to have been able to be here for 5 weeks and to see SO much happen (so many bills passed). 

Thanks to everyone who helped me and supported me in being here. 

---PeyThePEYge

PS: MPP Colle came to the PQ to give me some special pins to share with my friends and family. 

PPS: MPP Clark is going to give me a bunch of pin souvenirs to bring back to my class. It's going to be very special to bring something back to share with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment