Wednesday 23 October 2013

Graduation Day!

We had our mock debate today and then it was time for our Graduation Ceremony. 

We all sat in chairs in the ping pong room (I got to help move the table out of the way!) and Mrs. Tedford and Paula stood at the front of the room with a stack of certificates. They called us up in alphabetical order one at a time to be given our certificates. We had been practicing our "BUSINESS HANDSHAKES" (not a flabby, light handshake, but a proper firm handshake that means business!) for just this occasion! We shook hands and they congratulated each of us for graduating from the program. 

One of the Page girls brought an ice cream cake to celebrate. It was yummy!

We were given special memory packages that have CDs with photos from our time here. The package also has our name badges and pins that we wore on our uniforms, special Trillium and Coat of Arms pins too! But the neatest thing in it is the special certificate that is signed by the Speaker and is in a pretty frame with a photo of our Page group with the Speaker. It's so special. I'm glad I have these memories to take home with me to remind me of my time here. 

Afterward we watched a slideshow of all our photos from our time together. 

It was a really special day. 

I can't believe that tomorrow is my last day here. I really don't want it to end. I don't want to go home! I love being a PEYge and I'm going to miss all of my new friends so much. I'm also going to miss doing my job in the Chamber. It was so much fun here. 

---PeyThePEYge

PS -- I got a special flower that was "hand picked just for me" from MPP Todd Smith. It was a Cancer flower pin that he gave to me after I held the door open for him. So nice! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment